What was announced and when?
- On March 24, Greenlight Networks announced that it signed an agreement to purchase Plexicomm. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
What is Greenlight?
- Greenlight Networks is an ultra-high-speed, broadband service provider, offering residential and small business customers Internet speeds up to 2 Gigabit per second. Based in Rochester, NY and founded in 2011, the company builds, owns and operates its fiber-optic networks to provide amazingly fast Internet connections to its customers. For more information on the company, please visit GreenlightNetworks.com or find it on Facebook.com/GreenlightNetworks, and @GreenlightFiber on Twitter.
Why does Greenlight want to purchase Plexicomm?
- Over the past few years Greenlight has been expanding across Western New York and is in the process of turning up its high-speed fiber optic network in the Erie/Niagara county region. Greenlight wants to continue to expand its high-speed fiber Internet services across New York State. Purchasing Plexicomm’s network, customers and talent will accelerate Greenlight’s ability to bring its services to the Southern Tier.
When will the deal close?
- We expect the transaction to close within 30-60 days.
What will happen to my current Plexicomm services?
- For now, it will be business as usual. There are no immediate changes to any services currently provided by Plexicomm.
Will there be any changes to my bill or the price I am charged?
- Services with Plexicomm will continue to be provided at the same rate for the time being. Once the network is enhanced for Greenlight’s Internet services, we will contact you with more information. All updates will be shared on the Plexicomm website as well.
Will the company be rebranded as Greenlight?
- Yes, in the coming weeks we will begin the rebranding process to Greenlight Networks. All our employees will work for Greenlight and the signage, vehicles, etc. will change over. Some of the services provided may continue to be provided and be supported under the Plexicomm brand during a transition period.
What products does Greenlight offer?
- Greenlight offers New York’s fastest Internet service and provides service to residential, small business and multi-dwelling units in Western New York today. Its base residential speeds start at 500 Mpbs for only $50!
What if I have a product that Greenlight does not offer?
- Some services may continue to be provided and be supported under the Plexicomm brand.
How will Greenlight expand the Plexicomm network?
- Add equipment to bring additional Internet speeds and capacity to expand and serve additional areas.
Can I purchase Internet from Greenlight now?
- Right now, we are in the process of evaluating the engineering specifications and requirements for neighborhoods in Binghamton as well as augmenting the current Plexicomm network. Once this is complete, we will announce where service is currently available and our plan to connect new customers. Sign up here on our website to show your interest as well as to be on the list to receive status updates on your neighborhood. We also will provide updates as they occur on our Binghamton interactive map here.
Who do I contact if I have a service issue?
- Plexicomm will continue to operate business as usual for the time being, so there is no change to customer support at this time. Our focus remains on best serving your Internet needs.
Who do I contact if I have a billing issue?
- Plexicomm will continue to operate business as usual for the time being, so there is no change to bill support at this time. Our focus remains on best serving your Internet needs.
Will my current Plexicomm contract be valid after the transaction is complete?
- Any contracted service with Plexicomm will be provided through the term of your agreement, just as it is today.
Will there be any layoffs because of the acquisition?
- Greenlight announced that upon close, all Plexicomm employees will be part of the Greenlight team.